Thursday, June 21, 2012

6/21/12 (NY...part 2)

Hi again!!

So we never actually went to the botanical gardens....because they're more expensive on weekends.  We were going to go Tuesday when they were free, but Eden was feeling sick, so we stayed in most of the day.

We did, however, go to Times Square.  We walked past Radio City Music Hall (<3) and into Rockefeller plaza, where we just kinda hung out and walked around a little bit.  It was actually really romantic and beautiful.  There are pictures, but I'm too lazy to actually upload them, so maybe later...when I'm not really lazy and being boring.

Sunday night (I think) we walked along the Hudson river and found some fireflies.  I totally didn't know those existed in New York City, I really thought they were just in the mountain areas, but that proved me wrong, obviously.  Eden had two on his finger by the time we got to this restaurant called "The Cowgirl Sea-Horse"...I was confused, but they made it work.  Let me tell you, they had the best mashed potatoes I have ever had, oh my goodness.  I'm kind of craving them just thinking about them now.  Om nom nom...

Anyway.  Monday I took a tap class with Ray Hesselink (www.rayhesselink.com) who is seriously awesome.  I haven't actually taken a tap class in over a year, and his class made me realize how much I miss it.  It was more rhythm tap, and really fast. I loved it.  It felt so good to be back in my tap shoes for more than a couple minutes, it was fabulous.  I'm taking another class on Sunday, but this time with Michelle Dorrance.

Tuesday, like I said, we just took it easy because Eden was starting to feel sick (he's feeling better now though).  Yesterday (Wednesday) was really awesome.  We went to this diner called Moonstruck Diner for breakfast, and it was seriously yummy.  I had blueberry pancakes.  Omnomnom, seriously.  After that we went and finished getting ready for a dancing photoshoot we booked ourselves with a photographer that Ava and Leon know.  So then we went to Central Park on the 2nd hottest day of the week (the first being today) and danced.  In dark, heavy clothing.  Outside. Oy.  It was tons of fun though, there will be pictures from said shoot in a few days =)

After the shoot, we came back to the apartment thoroughly tired and sweaty, and had only a few minutes to rest and clean up before going to dinner with Ava.  We went to this Asian place because Eden was dead set on trying sushi.  I definitely did not partake in the sushi part, but they said it was delicious.  I had chicken instead, because seafood makes me squeemish.  After dinner is my favorite part.  We went and saw the show STOMP, at the Orpheum theater.  I've seen it and the movie version before, but it was still amazing.  Thoroughly entertaining, and Eden said he thought it was amazing.  I would love to be in that show....and I got my playbill signed by two of the performers =D It was very comedic, especially the newspaper part...it kind of had me in tears I was laughing so hard.

So that's so far.....tonight we're going swing dancing, just like my first night here.  I'm really excited, since I should actually be awake enough and not jet-lagged so I can actually dance well and for a while! Yay!!

This may or may not be my last post actually in NYC, but it's definitely not the last you'll hear about it.

'Til next time,
-Panda:)

No comments:

Post a Comment