Monday, June 11, 2012

6/11/2012

So this summer I'm taking a bunch of trips.  Really it's just two rather major ones, but since I'm going so many places I like to consider it multiple trips.  This upcoming Thursday (6/14), I'll be flying up to New York City (YAY!) for 11 days.  That's going to be awesome, simply because NYC is pretty much my favorite place on the face of the planet and I fully intend on moving there later.


Of course the adventures don't end there, oh no.  After I get back from NY I leave almost immediately for my trip around the country....literally, around.  Through Texas over to Carlsbad, NM over to the Grand Canyon and Vegas, up the west coast of California, through San Fran., through Oregon, up to Seattle (where I get to kayak and maybe see some orcas!! Yay!), then across through Idaho and Montana (including Yellowstone of course) to the Dakota's and Michigan, seeing the Great Lakes, and coming back down to lil' ole' Florida through Chicago and Atlanta.  That will supposedly take 25 days, according to my dad.  Yeah, right. I think it'll take longer, but we'll see.  Here's a picture of our route for that trip:




Yeah, it's ridiculous.  Supposedly, that's exactly 129 hours and 2 minutes of driving.  Had to throw that 2 minutes in there.  I'll probably fail, but I'm going to keep a stop watch, and time from when we leave the outskirts of one location to when we reach the outskirts of the next.  I will probably screw it up at some point, but I want to see how accurate that is.  I think I can manage it somewhat.  


Anyway, next time you see this I will *probably* be in NYC with someone awesome =) So, I will submit a post at a later date. Thanks for adventuring with me!


-"Panda"

1 comment: