Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The show-y-ness of part 4

Vegas, baby!!

So Saturday after leaving the Econolodge, we headed off to Vegas with a stop at the Hoover Dam for pictures and to get my national "park" passport stamped.

We also found this:

(All I have to say is....WANT)

When we got to Vegas, we drove down the Strip before heading to our hotel, Vdara. Now, I thought we were staying in another 2-3 star hotel, but turns out this is a 5-star...and we got a suite.  My dad went all out for Vegas.

(That's just the sleeping area, never mind the bathroom, office/sitting area and kitchen)

Then we went and found the Tix4Tonight stand near our hotel, and got tickets to see Ka Saturday night.  Ka is pretty much the only Cirque du Soleil show with a story line, and it was amazing.  The stage moved all around, flipped, spun and did all sorts of other stuff.  It was incredible. Oh, and I made a new friend:


He was very gay, and wouldn't stop commenting on my jacket and the shoes I was wearing (my aqua-sparkly flip flops)

We ate at Paris...omnomnom yummy...crepes and stuff =D

Sunday we got up rather early, and went and had breakfast at the Imperial Palace, which wasn't nearly as yummy.  After that we went back to the Tix4Tonight stand and got my dad a Penn and Teller ticket (he got 6th row, I don't know where) while I opted for Celine Dion...y'know, more sophisticated and pretty and stuff...and also I love her.

Then we wandered around, saw some more hotels, went back to Vdara so I could take a nap because it's hot here...really, really hot.  Then we had dinner at the Flamingo, and proceeded on to our shows, mine at 7:30 and dads at 9.  

...Celine Dion is amazing...stunning, beautiful, classy, funny, and of course...ridiculously talented.  There was one thing that was strange though....the dress she opened with? Only two differences from my prom dress: she had a plunge neckline, and her dress was silver. That's it. Only two differences.  I have mixed feelings about this. 

Alright, today (Monday) we woke up, went back to Paris because it was just too good not to (it's the only one where it's not cafeteria style, and it is absolutely fantastic) and then went on to the Venetian, where they have a canal with gondolas going through the middle of it:


Then we took a cab to the Stratosphere, where I took some pictures from eight hundred and sixty-something feet up:


I rode a couple of the rides at the top, which you can see on my dads blog (link in top right of page)

Then we went back to the hotel where I could take a nap...again...because seriously, the dry heat takes it all out of me.  We went BACK to Paris for dinner, and then went to see Mystere at Treasure Island...that was interesting.  They had a lot of cool tricks, and it was absolutely hysterical, but it made no sense.  It was very random and scattered, and they had a lot going on at once pretty much all the time.  If you were looking at one place, you missed something interesting happening in another, no matter how far back you sat.  In the program we got from Ka, it also said that they had two new aerial acts, one of them being the Silks (or "Tissu", as they called it)....there was no Silks. At all. Anywhere in the show.  We were very confused.  

It was still awesomely Cirque though.

Next up: California!

-Panda:)

No comments:

Post a Comment